Home / Fund utilization
Utilization of Funds

The objective of District Mineral Foundation is to utilize the DMF Contribution in Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY) and other welfare schemes to implement various developmental and welfare projects/programs in mining affected areas, to minimize/mitigate the adverse impacts, during and after mining, on the environment, health and socio-economics of people in mining districts. to ensure long-term sustainable livelihoods for the affected people in mining areas.

According to PMKKKY at least 60% of the funds to be utilized under high priority areas and remaining 40% of the fund to be utilized under other priority areas.

High Priority Area
  • Drinking water supply
  • Environment preservation at pollution control measures
  • Health care
  • Education
  • Welfare of women and children
  • Welfare of aged and disabled people
  • Skill development
  • Sanitation
Other Priority Area
  • Physical infrastructure
  • Irrigation
  • Energy and watershed development
  • Any other measures for enhancing environmental quality in mining district.
As per census 2011
Total area5327Sq. Km
Total Population10,25,213

Rural Population %93.65
Schedule Caste %03.17
Schedule Tribe %68.94
Area under Forest1350Sq. Km
Population Density191 (Per Sq. Km)

Development Blocks12
Gram Panchayats159
Urban Bodies1
Forest cover27.0%
Literacy Rate69.73%
Sex Ratio993